Home Business FG receives one million applications for n-power in two-days

FG receives one million applications for n-power in two-days

250
0
n-power
N-Power

The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development have said over 1 million applications have been received from across the Federation in less than 48 hours that it opened the N-Power (Batch C) portal.

This was contained in a statement signed on Sunday by the ministry’s Deputy Director, Information, Rhoda Iliya.

The enrolment exercise for the new N-Power beneficiaries commenced on June 26.

Iliya said youths with no formal education could send in applications for a new aspect of the programme with a focus on agriculture.

“The Ministry wishes to reiterate that all young Nigerians between the ages of 18-35 with or without formal education can apply for a slot in the new program which would be very focused on agriculture.

“The number of applications so far received is an indication of the number of our youths who need jobs and the confidence in the program.

“The Ministry will continue to collaborate with its technical partners to provide timely support to all applicants. The selection process would be fair and transparent and the public would also be carried along at every stage,” she said.

The N-Power Programme was inaugurated by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), in 2016 under the National Social Investment Programme.

The aim of the programme was to lift citizens out of poverty through capacity building, investment and direct support.

PUNCH

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here