The Pan Niger Delta Forum PANDEF has proposed for the creation of State Police to end the insecurity situation across the country.
The National Chairman of PANDEF, Air Commodore Idongesit Nkanga Rtd said this in Port Harcourt during their National Executive Committee Meeting and the inaugurating of Rivers State Chapter of PANDEF.
Idongesit Nkanga said the insecurity problems across the county have reached an alarming level.
He also asked the newly inaugurated Rivers State Chapter of PANDEF to take the message of restructuring to the 23 local government areas of the state.
”There is no doubt now that there is insecurity everywhere in the North, South, East, and West. Perhaps we come at a time that the insecurity should start flattening, the insecurity should start flattening so that we can end insecurity in Nigeria. And what we have predicted long ago, that Nigeria can only make progress if we restructure. We said Nigeria is a ten storey building standing on a bungalow foundation if the foundation is not right the house cannot stand. With insecurity we are basically seeing why we should have State Police in the first place” he said
In his response, the State Chairman of PANDEF, Lt. Gen Kenneth Minimah, Rtd, promised to galvanize Rivers people to the path of progress in line with the goal and objectives of PANDEF.
Also speaking, the National Leader of PANDEF Edwin Clark asked the National Executive Committee of the group to reject any move by the federal government to hand over the management of Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC to those outside the region.
Edwin Clark also said that the federal government is planning to scrap the Amnesty Programme.
He asked PANDEF to stand-up and reject the moves by the federal government to scrap the Amnesty Programme.
Clark said that the Niger Delta region is being taken for granted by the government and noted that such neglect should stop.
PANDEF RIVERS STATE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE COMPOSITION
1) Lt.Gen.KTJ Minimah (rtd), CFR Chairman Opobo/Nkoro LGA
2) HRH, Dr.Mrs.Christie Iwezor Vice-Chairman Obio/Akpor
3) Hon.Kuphel Ottos Secretary Abua/Odual
4) Japhet Ogbueri Asst Secretary Etche
5) Chief Ikechukwu Ojobah Treasurer Omoku/Onelga
6) Mrs. Chimara Idowu Financial Secretary Emohua
7) Mr.Biobele Da-Wariboko Publicity Secretary Degema
8) Ezekiel Orlu Chaka Organizing Secretary Ahoada East
9) Orusoso Don-Pedro Asst Organizing Sec Akuku-Toru
10) Dr.Mrs.Rose Obuoforibo Woman Leader Okrika
11) Princess Lovina Enyekit Asst Woman Leader Andoni
12) Amb. Henry George Youth Leader Obio/Akpor
13) Comrade Matthew Dighi Asst Youth Leader Khana
14) PrinceU.R.Asu.Esq Legal Adviser Andoni
15) Dr. Emmanuel Anga Auditor Ogu/bolo
16) Prof.B.B.Fakae Ex Officio Khana
17) Annkio Briggs Ex Officio Akuku-Toru
18) Ken Robinson Ex Officio Asari-Toru