The Senate of the University of Port Harcourt has approved the resumption of academic activities in the university.
The Senate also approved the revised academic calendar for the 2015/2016 Academic session.
In a statement by the Registrar of the University, Mrs Dorcas Otto, the school directed all full time undergraduate students to arrive on campus on Sunday 19th June 2016.
The statement stated that the first semester examination will begin on Monday, 20th June and end on Saturday, 16th July, 2016.
The university authority also directed all student to print and complete the Undertaking of Good Conduct form at www.ecampus.uniport.edu.ng for submission at the commencement of the second semester.
In the meantime the Students’ Union Government SUG of the University of Port Harcourt has called on fellow students to return to school for resumption of academic activities on June 19.
The SUG President Comrade Ephraine Inno-Anaemeje during a press conference in Port Harcourt said that the management of the institution have accepted to implement all the demands of the students body.
He stated that the ”no fees no exam” policy was not suspended but an agreement has been reached on mode of fee payment.
SEE BELOW THE FULL PRESS STATEMENT OF UNIPORT SUG
We bring you aluta greetings.
Sequel to the meeting held between the management of the University of Port Harcourt and the students’ union officials and the leadership of various faculty associations on 16th June, 2016.
It has been agreed that:
1) Normal academic activities will commence as stipulated in the current university calendar.
2) All the demands made by students’ leadership have been accepted and full implementation
3) The indemnity form has been clearly defined as an avenue to avert destruction of life and
property in cause of demonstration and should be submitted by the students after their first
semester examination to enable them concentrate on their exams.
4) Hostels will be opened from 16th of June 2016 for students to enable them move in and
prepare for their exams.
5) All students are to write their first semester exams both those who have paid and those who
are yet to pay their charges for 2015/2016 session and are also advised to pay their school
charges by second semester to support in the effective running of the university.
6) The policy ”No fees no exam” was not suspended rather an agreement has been reached on
mode of fee payment. Therefore students can now pay fees installmentally due to the current
economic condition of the country as every installmentally payment is a pre-condition
necessitating registration for the particular semester being paid for and will take effect from
2016/2017 academic session.
7) There shall be holistic review of peculiar charges across faculties to avoid exorbitant and
8) Year one students who are yet to complete their registration but have accepted their
admissions can commence the process of deferment contrary to total loss of the admission.
9) We appreciate the unrelentless efforts of all students’ stakeholders, from the leadership of
NANS, Students’ Union University of Port Harcourt, faculty association and beloved students
during this time of distress in our unique citadel and we also seek your support to maintain the
new found lasting peace on campus.
We call on all bonafide students of the University of Port Harcourt to resume academic activities on the 19th of June 2016 following the reviewed academic calendar for 2015/2016 session, and oblige students to the desist from any activity that can disrupt the peace of the University community as the peace of the university is our collective role to protect.
Aluta Continua…………Victoria Ascerta!!!
Comr.Kpema Nuka Nukrates Comr.Ephraim Inno-Anaemeje
Secretary General Executive President